Friday, March 19, 2010

More Photos of Flooding in Concord!

I spent a bit of time yesterday riding my bicycle around town, trying to get some photos of the flooding.

I was impressed by the fast moving current under the bridges, how some of the bridge arches were underwater, and how so many cars went past the barricades thinking they'd save some time by taking a short-cut and driving through the puddles. I wonder if they were surprised to find themselves stalled out in the middle of the puddles? On my two trips to Heath's Bridge on Sudbury Road, I saw a total of 3 cars stuck in the water. What were they thinking?!

On my one trip to Garfield and 117, there was another car in that huge puddle. It was entertaining watching the tow trucks pull them all out, but I'm sure the drivers weren't happy to be so inconvenienced.

Here's a video I put together of the sights around Concord:

No comments:

Post a Comment